If St. Paddy made a Renfrew....

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Yes I've still been working on my TNT pattern challenge.  Along with the Deer & Doe Plantain I blogged about last week I'm now checking off the Sewaholic Renfrew and adding it to my TNT list.

front

I was asked which pattern I liked the most.  My original reply was the Plantain because it was a quicker make for me and it was a free pattern.  Now that I've worn them both several times I have to change my answer.  I find myself having a hard time deciding which one I like the best because I like them both so much for different reasons.  A few of the things I like about the Renfrew is the many variations you can sew up.  I like the construction.  I find attaching the banded sleeves and bottom hem the most fun.. nerd.  And I like that it's more form fitting then the Plantain.  So my new answer to the question is well, I guess I don't really have an answer!! ha!  They both deserved to be made in excess!

side

My fabric is a seafoam green pique ponte knit from Fabric Mart that unfortunately is no longer available.  There is a beautiful coral available....yum....oh but only looks like 1 yard, HURRY!!  The fabric is the same on both sides and has a slight sheen to it.   Ponte knit is so easy to work with.  LOVE IT!

back

My fit adjustments were shortening the upper back and a sway back adjustment.  The entire shirt was assembled with my serger.  I did use my sewing machine once to use the twin needle around the neckline.

If your reading this there is probably a 90% chance you've sewn the Renfrew already.  If you haven't I urge you to give it a go.  It's a great basic with many possibilities.

Another weekend gone by in a flash.  Isn't that the way it always goes!?  A positive is that I don't have to worry about being pinched tomorrow.  I'm gonna have my St. Paddy's green on!  How about you? 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Andrea fabricepiphaniesMarch 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM

    Where I live (New Zealand) it is St Patricks day now, although nearly over. I did wear green today but quite accidentally! The Renfrew is a favourite if mine as well. Actually I haven't found a Sewaholic pattern I don't like! I have yet to make the Plantain but have downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh renfrew. It is such a winner. This looks fab, lady! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! And it fits so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, this looks so nice on you! Hmm..Ok..so I just finished my very first Renfrew yesterday. I know...it's a late bloomer thing. I love yours on you but I am undecided about whether I like mine or if a t-shirt is worth that kind of work.... Oh and I'm not sure I told you yet but, I LOVE your new "do"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shirt! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Paddy's Day, Shanni! Very cute renfrew, love the Kelly Green. And, I really like your striped Plantain as well! And, HAIRCUT!! I think it looks terrific, looks like you coloured it as well. Me Likey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a nice fitting shirt! I've had this pattern for like a year but haven't made it yet. Why? Well I don't have an answer for you either lol. I have no clue. But clearly it's an awesome shirt so I should probably make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy St Patrick's Day! I must be one of the few who have yet to make a Renfrew! Love your shirt and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not made this one and don't own it, it's so similar to an old McCalls one I've had forever so I've not bothered. I do have the Plantain though and love it. I recently attached the renfrew cowl to the Plantain and that worked brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear, you have amazing blog and what a great post, I wish we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete